Saturday 9: Stormy Weather
1) Do noisy storms scare you?
Yes, but on a logical level: noisy storms often mean a lot of thunder, which means electricity is striking and could hit something crucial (such as our house or a utility pole). They also often mean strong winds, which could potentially topple the trees that are behind our house. So again, yes, noisy storms scare me, but only because I worry about the danger and damage they can bring.
2) Mother Winters tells us Lena Horne was considered one of the great beauties of the 1940s. Whom do you consider one of today’s most beautiful women?
I think Anne Hathaway is beautiful.
3) Crazy Sam admits it — there’s a big bag of recycling she really should take out to the bin. Yet she’s composing this meme. What should you be doing, instead of answering her questions?
Working! Oops. :/
4) Sam may be crazy, but she’s not stupid and will never waste her money on Cialis, no matter how many unsolicited emails she receives! What’s the most recent addition to your spam folder?
Electronic cigarettes. That seems to be all of the rage amongst spammers this week.
5) What was the last thing you cooked?
Dinner on Thursday night. We had hot dogs, French fries, and mixed vegetables. I know, real glorious.
6) Do you remember the lyrics to your high school fight song? If so, please share a bit.
I don’t think my high school even had a fight song.
7) “Samantha” is the feminine of “Samuel” and means “Listener.” What’s the derivation of your first name?
My name is Welsh/Cornish, and it means white wave, white ghost, and white fairy.
8) Are you following the NBA or NHL this year? If so, which team are you rooting for?
Neither. I don’t do sports.
9) Gloves, umbrellas, sunglasses, keys — which of these do you misplace most often?
Gloves, and always my must-have ones of the moment.